How your Apple Watch looks mostly depends on the band you use to join the watch. So, a beautiful band is always a factor for your Apple Watch. For that, a silicone band will meet your expectation for sure. As time flows, the silicone band for your favorite Apple Watch takes a faded-away look and seems to be overused.
Sweat, dust, water, lotions, oil, filth and dirt, food substances, and sometimes your unconsciousness are the main players behind that appearance. Wearing such a band on your way to daily life makes you feel discomfort and halves your confidence. Experts suggest cleaning an Apple Watch band once every 15 days give it a just-out-of-packet look.
Unfortunately, people often get things puzzled, thinking about how to clean silicone Apple Watch bands. Well, to get you out of that puzzle, we are here. We can suggest some easy-to-follow tricks about how to clean your silicone Apple Watch bands without leaving any scratches on them.
How to Clean Silicone Apple Watch Band | 4 Simple Ways
Apple Watch bands may be of several materials like rubber, silicone, leather, plastics, wood, stainless steel, and many more. So, the cleaning methodology must depend on the materials used in it. We’ve also covered articles on how to clean your leather Apple Watch band and white Apple Watch band. Here, in this guide, we will share with you how to clean silicone Apple Watch bands.
We’ll be using the following methods to show you the different ways of cleaning your silicone Apple Watch bands.
- Lukewarm Water
- Liquid Soap or Citrus Lemon
- Cotton Swabs or Soft-Bristle toothbrushes
Method 1: Cleaning your Silicone Apple Watch Band with lukewarm water
If you notice that your silicone Apple Watch band has been worn out with dust, silica, or mud, water or lukewarm water is the best cleaning element to use. Remember that silicone is water resistive and does not absorb water. So, there is no confusion in using water to clean the silicone watch band. But hot water may cause the silicone to melt. Now, to answer the question of how to clean silicone Apple Watch bands with water, just follow the following steps.
- Remove the band from your wrist.
- Detach the band from the Apple Watch
- Dip the band in clean water
- Rub the whole band softly as well as carefully.
- Pull out from the water
- Absorb the water from the band with a piece of lightweight cotton fabric or tissue paper
- Connect the band with your Apple Watch and use it.
Method 2: Using Liquid Soap or Citrus Lemon to clean your silicone band
Soap or Citrus lemon neutralizes fat, oil, grease, etc. Even soap helps fully disinfect your watch band. So, your Apple Watch band can easily be undirtied or disinfected with soap or lemon if you find that your Apple Watch has become dirty with oil-like substances or become prone to germs- like viruses and bacteria. To clean a silicone Apple Watch band, you need water, liquid soap/lemon, and a sponge with a lightly rough texture on one side. Now, the steps you will take to clean silicone Apple Watch bands with liquid soap/lemon have been outlined below.
- Untie the band from your wrist and detach the band from the watch
- Scatter liquid soap/lemon juice on the band
- Slightly spray water on the band
- Rub the band with the sponge rigidly with care. Remember that the band must be in the middle of the rough side of the sponge
- Now, dip the whole band into the water and rub with bare hand
- Bring out the band from the water and dry it before connecting with your Apple Watch
Method 3: Cotton Swabs or Soft-Bristle Toothbrush for cleaning silicone Apple Watch band
Rubbing with the hand is a simple way to clean a silicone watch band. But you cannot reach some parts of the silicone band with your hand to rub to clean. These parts may be adjustment holes, buckle holes, joining holes, etc. So, a cotton swab or a soft-bristle toothbrush can help you reach those parts of your watch band. Beneath, we are guiding you about how to clean silicone Apple Watch bands with cotton swabs or soft-bristle toothbrush.
- First, remove the band from the Apple Watch
- Dip a cotton part of a cotton swab or soft-bristle toothbrush into liquid soap
- Rub the dirty spot of the band with liquid soap attached cotton part or a soft-bristle toothbrush
- Then, wash the band with water
- Next, let the band dry up before connecting it back with your Apple Watch
Method 4: Cleaning silicone watch band with Alcohol
Alcohol is lighter than water, so it evaporates when rubbed, and alcohol is very effective in cleaning your silicone Apple Watch band. So, experts opine that you can use 70 percent of isopropyl alcohol wipes or 75 percent of ethyl alcohol wipes, or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes to clean your silicone Apple Watch band.
But caution should be ensured that you are not using an excessive amount of alcohol as some people believe that excessive amounts of alcohol can remove silicone residue. Apart from this, you must remember that you cannot use these alcohol solutions on fabric or leather bands as they leave permanent scratches on fabric or leather. Also, remember not to use bleach or hydrogen peroxide products, as these erode the silicone.
Additionally, if you are using liquid alcohol, you might need a sprayer or a spray bottle to use alcohol on a silicone watch band and light weighted fabrics or tissue paper to swab the alcohol. Now we will share the step-by-step guide on how to clean silicone Apple Watch bands with alcohol.
- First, remove the band from the hand and disjoint the band from the watch
- Next, get yourself some alcohol wipes, 70 percent of isopropyl alcohol wipes or 75 percent of ethyl alcohol wipes, or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. Or you can get liquid alcohol in a spray bottle and then spray it on the band.
- Then, gently rub the band with light weighted fabrics or tissue paper
- After that, dip the band into the water and gently rub it with a bare hand
- Now pull the band out from the water
- And then, swab the water with light weighted fabrics or tissue paper
- Finally, you will get a band with a just-out-of-box appearance.
We’ve listed four ways to clean your silicone Apple Watch bands here. Make sure to keep in mind that these methods might not work for every kind of stain or discoloration. If you’re dealing with a really persistent and stubborn stain, you might want to call a professional or get instructions from the maker. And don’t forget to totally dry your band before putting it back on – this way, you can avoid any potential damage or irritation.
- Best Apple Watch Bands for Swimming
- Best Apple Watch Bands for Working out
- Best Apple Watch Bands for Surfing
- Best Apple Watch Bands for Sensitive Skin