Sometimes you might face a situation where you will need to unlock your iPhone without typing in the passcode or enabling the face ID. You must learn how to unlock iPhone without passcode or Face ID in such circumstances if you want to activate it again.
If an iPhone user repeatedly inputs the wrong passcode to unlock the iPhone, the device gets disabled. After that, you will need to follow some other method to unlock your iPhone. But no worries! There are now various ways to unlock an iPhone without a passcode or face ID due to the increase of situations where this is necessary.
We will show you four detailed methods to unlock iPhone without a passcode or face ID. They are-
- Using custom voice command
- Restoring with your Mac or PC
- Restoring from Find My iPhone
- Using Siri
Let’s find out how to unlock iPhone without passcode or Face ID by a custom voice command
If you forget your passcode or your face ID stops working out of the blue for some reason, you can unlock your iPhone with your voice if you set up the voice control command. You can also use this method simply when you don’t want to type in your passcode on the screen to get into iPhone without a passcode.
Also Read: How to unlink iPhone from Mac
By using the voice control option, you set up a voice phrase that automatically mimics the finger tap gestures made by your passcode. As a result, the iPhone is activated right after you say that particular phrase in your voice. It is truly an incredible feature only available for Apple users.
It would be better for the voice control feature to work if your original iPhone passcode is 4 digits. However, voice control is not a very safe option as anyone around you could also hear the phrase and use it to unlock your iPhone.
Step-by-step guide on how to unlock iPhone without passcode or Face ID using voice command:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- On the third row of the menu, tap Accessibility.
- From the Physical and Motor section, tap on Voice Control.
- You will find the option Customize Commands. Select it.
- From the top of the screen, select Custom > Create New Command.
- Type a unique phrase that you want to use while unlocking your iPhone here. Make sure the phrase is very uncommon to avoid risks.
- You will find a list of actions the phrase can activate once you click on Action.
- Select Run Custom Gesture which will be the second option on the menu.
- Now you need to tap the screen exactly where the numbers containing your passcode appear. You need to memorize the placement of the numbers.
- Tap on Save from the top-right.
Disable Face ID or Touch ID from the Settings in your iPhone. Go to Settings>Face ID & Passcode> Enter PIN> Turn off the switch. This will only enable PIN and voice control unlocks but disable the face ID unlocking option.
Now you can unlock your iPhone by waking the screen and saying a specific phrase. Your PIN keypad will light up on its own and unlock the iPhone right away.
Learn how to unlock iPhone without face id or passcode by restoring using your Mac or PC
If you wish to unlock your iPhone without a passcode or face ID, you can restore it using your Macbook or PC. This method will work perfectly when you forget your passcode or just don’t have one.
Restoring your iPhone using a Mac or PC will erase the contents of the iPhone and you will have to start over and set up the iPhone as new again. Therefore, it is mandatory to ensure that your data is backed up on iCloud regularly. Usually photos, messages and apps are backed up by default on iCloud unless you change any settings.
Once the iPhone is restored from the Mac and PC, you can get back all your data from iCloud and log in using your Apple ID and password.
Step-by-step process on how to unlock iPhone without passcode or Face ID by restoring from Mac and PC:
- First, turn off your iPhone. For the latest models, you can just press the volume buttons and swipe to turn it off when the slider appears on the screen.
- Plug the charging cable into your iPhone’s charging port.
- Before connecting the USB to the PC or Mac, put your iPhone into Recovery mode.
- Press and hold the right side button while plugging in the cable to the USB port to ensure recovery mode.
- If you are plugged into a Mac, click the two-toned smiley face icon to open Finder.
- Open iTunes from the Windows menu if you are plugged into a Windows PC.
- On the Finder app on your Mac, select your iPhone from Locations in the left sidebar.
- Select the iPhone symbol on your PC from the bar at the top of iTunes.
- Click Restore, and your Mac or PC will download the software needed.
- After the download is complete, you must reinstall your iPhone.
- Log in to your Apple ID, and your data will automatically start restoring from iCloud.
How to get into iPhone without passcode or Face ID by restoring from Find My Device on iCloud
Opening an iPhone without a passcode or face ID is also possible with the help of Find My iPhone. This method will work if you have another iOS device, such as an iPhone or an iPad. It is one of the ways to unlock your iPhone passcode without a computer.
When you reset your iPhone via Find My Device on iCloud, the contents of the iPhone are erased, and you must reinstall the iPhone. Therefore, it is mandatory to ensure that your data is backed up on iCloud regularly. Usually, photos, messages, and apps are backed up by default on iCloud unless you change any settings.
You can quickly reset your iPhone remotely from anywhere if the Find My iPhone feature is active on your own iPhone. If your iPhone doesn’t have a passcode or Face ID, you’ll need your Apple ID and password to unlock it.
Step-by-step guide on how to unlock iPhone without passcode or Face ID by restoring from Find My iPhone:
- Go to this website www.icloud.com/ or install the Find My iPhone app on a separate Apple device.
- Type your Apple ID and password and click on sign in to get access to your Apple ID.
- Below the Two-Factor Authentication field, click on Find iPhone.
- You can see the connected device on the same account on the map as a green dot.
- Click on your iPhone from the connected devices.
- Get to the Actions menu by clicking the small (i) in a circle.
- Select the option Erase iPhone. This will erase the data and restart your iPhone without any passcode.
- Now, you need to set up your iPhone from scratch and set a new passcode or activate your face ID.
- Log in to your Apple ID, and your data will automatically start restoring from iCloud.
How to open an iPhone without passcode or face ID using Siri
After considering these methods, you might be wondering how to bypass face id and passcode without erasing your data from the iPhone. Yes, there is a way to get into iPhone without a passcode and without losing existing data. The answer to this is Siri.
Siri is a virtual assistant for all Apple products and devices. It uses machine learning to help you navigate and get things done using your Apple device. Siri can also bypass the face ID of your iPhone easily.
Siri will not require using any other device in order to unlock iPhone without a passcode. It also will not wipe out the existing data from your iPhone, so this method is pretty convenient.
However, you will need an iOS of 8.0 to 13.0 to be able to use Siri to unlock your iPhone.
Steps to unlocking iPhone without passcode or Face ID using Siri:
- On your locked iPhone, press and hold the Home button.
- Ask “What time is it now?” by addressing Siri. Siri will show you the time at your current location.
- Click the clock symbol on the screen.
- There will be a World clock menu with small icons.
- Click the Plus (+) icon from the top right corner.
- You will be redirected to a search window.
- Type in any characters you want here randomly. Then select the Choose All button.
- Click on Share from the available options.
- Choose the Message app now.
- A new message will open. Type any character here.
- Tap the Return key on your keyboard.
- Wait a few seconds after this.
- Press the Home button of your iPhone now to unlock it.
This is how to enter the iPhone without a passcode by using Siri.
Now that we have provided a detailed guide on How to unlock iPhone without passcode or Face ID, we believe you will be able to follow it and get into the iPhone without a passcode. When deciding which approach to take, take into account the devcies at your disposal and make an informed decision.
If you have no other devices to help out and possess an iOS of 8.0 to 13.0, then using Siri will work great. If you own another Apple device such as Mac, iPad, or iPhone, using Find My iPhone or restoring data can be viable options for you. On the other hand, if voice control is already set up in your iPhone, there is no need to worry and simply go for it.
Whichever method you use, keep in mind that opening an iPhone without a passcode can be risky, so always be careful about it.