There is no doubt about the popularity of Snapchat among the young generation. Also, Snapchat is unique among its peers as one of its main features is that your Snap chats and Snap photos will disappear after you’ve viewed them. This feature is different from other social messaging apps, and it is interesting. However, this automatic disappearing of snaps can also be a drawback. What if you want to save the Snap picture or video that just got deleted automatically? This detailed article will deal with the methods of how to recover deleted photos from Snapchat on iPhone.
Let’s find out how to recover deleted photos from Snapchat on iPhone by submitting a request on Snapchat
Snapchat stores your every activity on their servers, and you can submit a request asking them to share your data. Therefore, you can recover your deleted Snapchat photos from the data file you receive from Snapchat.
Here’s how to recover deleted photos on Snapchat from your iPhone:
- Launch the Snapchat app and sign in to your account.
- Then tap on your “Profile” logo on the upper left, followed by the “Settings” option on the top-right.
- Next, scroll down and choose the “My Data” option. You’ll then be directed to your “My Data” page.
- Tap on the “Submit Request” option on your My Data page.
- After you’ve submitted your request, you’ll receive a message saying, “We Received Your Request.”
- You’ll receive an email with your data download link to the email address associated with your Snapchat account.
- Then download your data from the mail by tapping on “click here” and then double-tap your “mydata.zip” file to save the file on your device. This ZIP file contains all your images, videos, and messages from Snapchat.
Here’s how to recover deleted Photos from Snapchat on iPhone with an iOS data recovery tool
Another way to recover deleted Snapchat photos or videos on your iPhone is by using data recovery software. However, you won’t be able to recover older Snapchat messages or pictures by using this method. Instead, you’ll be able to retrieve your most recent Snapchat Snaps and photos that are being stored as a cache on your iPhone.
Related : How to Make a YouTube Channel on iPhone
Here we will be using WooTechy iSeeker, one of the best iOS data recovery tools. In this case, this software will also be a Snapchat photo or chat recovery tool. Here are the step-by-step process on how to recover deleted photos on Snapchat with the iSeeker data recovery tool.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone with your computer or Mac
- First, install and launch the iSeeker software on your PC.
- Next, select the “Recover from iOS Device” option.
- After that, connect your iPhone to the computer and wait for iSeeker to detect your iPhone.
- Then click on “Next” after your iPhone has been detected to continue.
Step 2: Start scanning for deleted Snapchat photos or videos
All the apps whose data you can recover will be displayed on the screen. You can select the Snapchat app from the list. And, if you simply want to recover your Snapchat videos or photos, you can also deselect other apps from the list. After that, click on the “Scan” button to start scanning.
Step 3: Check and restore your deleted Snapchat photos
All the recoverable Snapchat items will show up on the screen after the scanning is finished. Next, choose the photos, videos, or messages that you want to restore and click on the “Recover” button. After that, save your recovered Snapchat photos anywhere you like.
How to recover deleted photos from Snapchat on iPhone from the Recently Deleted folder
Let’s you have saved your Snap photos on your iPhone’s Camera Roll, and you’ve accidentally deleted them. Now, what would you do? Can you recover your deleted Snapchat photos? So, luckily there is still some hope for you yet.
You see, when you delete media files from your iPhone’s Photos, you don’t permanently delete them. They are just temporarily moved to the “Recently Deleted” folder on the “Albums” tab of your Photos app. There they will remain for a period of thirty days before being permanently removed from your iPhone. So, if you’ve deleted your Snapchat photos from your iPhone within the last thirty days, then you have to recover some of them.
Here’s how to recover your deleted Snapchat photos on iPhone from the Recently Deleted folder:
- Open the Photos app and head over to the “Albums” tab.
- Then scroll down and select the “Recently Deleted” folder.
- Next, locate your Snapchat photo(s) from this folder and tap “Recover” to restore them.
How to save Snaps in chat on Snapchat?
There are ways to prevent your Snap photos from getting deleted automatically. You can save your Snap photo before or after you’ve viewed them, and here’s how:
- While viewing a Snap on a Chat, touch and hold on to the Snap
- Immediately after viewing a snap in a Chat and before swiping, put off the Chat screen, touch and hold on to the snap photo.
After you’ve saved your Snap, it will appear on the conversation as Chat Media. When you save a Snap in Chat, it is saved on Snapchat’s servers instead of your iPhone. After you’ve saved your snap photos of your conversation, you can export them to your iPhone’s Camera Roll.
Here we’ve shared three methods on how to recover deleted photos from Snapchat on iPhone. However, we would recommend the first method, which involves you submitting a request for all your data to Snapchat. This method doesn’t require getting any third-party app or software. Also, you are guaranteed to recover your deleted Snapchat photos and all other data.