JBL is one of the most famous headphone brands in the market due to their outstanding features. You can enjoy your favorite audio tracks, shows, or music on any device with JBL headphones. And as an iPhone user, you need to know how to pair JBL headphones to iPhone to truly enjoy your sound tracks.
This guide will let you know the step-by-step details of how to connect JBL headphones to an iPhone. The entire process of pairing your JBL headphones to your iPhone is straightforward. First, you need to know how to make your JBL headphones discoverable and then pair them from your iPhone. Also, we will show you how to unpair those headphones from your iPhone.
How to put JBL headphones in pairing mode
JBL headphones Bluetooth pairing is a very simple but mandatory process in order to connect Bluetooth headphones to your iPhone or iPad. You will need to turn on the Bluetooth on your preferred device to make it ready for pairing. At the same time, the JBL Bluetooth headphones or earbuds need to be in pairing mode to be also discoverable to the devices.
The first step in connecting JBL earbuds or headphones to the iPhone is locating the pairing button. The different models of JBL headphones and earbuds have individual designs. Hence, there might also be slight differences in the placements of the pairing button. However, it is pretty easy to locate this button on any model if you are aware of how to find it.
Here is how to put JBL headphones or earbuds in pairing mode:
Pairing Mode On JBL Headphones
On any JBL headphones, you need to look for the pairing button on the right earcup of the headphones. At the bottom side of the right earcup, there are three separate buttons. These buttons can be located slightly higher in some models. But you can easily locate them by exploring the right earcup of the headphones.
Out of these three buttons, the middle button includes the Bluetooth symbol. Depending on the model, the button might also have a circle around it. This button is the Bluetooth pairing button of JBL headphones. Press and hold this specific button to enter the JBL Bluetooth headphones pairing mode.
Pairing Mode On JBL Earbuds
Since earbuds are smaller than headphones, the pairing button on them is also different. Similar to the headphones, you’ll find the button on the right earbud of the pair.
There will be two volume buttons on the side of the right earbud. Between these two volume buttons, the pairing button exists. On top of the button, if you look closely, you can see the Bluetooth symbol. Some models of earbuds feature the JBL logo instead of the Bluetooth symbol on the button. Press and hold this button to enter the pairing mode on JBL earbuds.
How to pair JBL headphones to iPhone via Bluetooth
Now that you’re done with entering the pairing mode on your headphones, it is time to connect JBL wireless headphones to your iPhone. Once you have completed the pairing on your device, the headphones will always be available on your Bluetooth devices list. Unless you forget the device specifically, you can connect JBL headphones to the Bluetooth of the iPhone with just one click the next time.
The process of connecting JBL Bluetooth headphones to iPad, iPhone, or Android devices is almost the same. The Bluetooth on these devices must first be turned on for this connection to be established. If you are searching for how to connect JBL headphones or earbuds to an iPhone, look no further than this section.
Steps on how to pair JBL headphones or earbuds to iPhone:
- Press and hold on to the pairing button of the headphones and wait for the sound, which indicates it has entered the pairing mode.
- The headphones’ or earbuds’ blue light indicators will flash to notify that they’re ready to be paired.
- On your iPhone screen, go to Settings.
- Select Bluetooth from the Settings menu.
- Turn on the toggle switch next to the Bluetooth option.
- Bluetooth will scan for available devices near you. Make sure the headphones or earbuds are close to the iPhone.
- On the list of available devices, look for the name of your own JBL headphones.
- Once you find the name, click on the name to connect it to the iPhone.
- At this stage, if you are asked to enter a password, enter 0000 as the passcode.
- The JBL headphones or earbuds will be displayed as “Connected” now.
How to disconnect JBL headphones from iPhone
Knowing how to disconnect your JBL headphones from the iPhone is also a crucial part of JBL headphones pairing. You might want to use the iPhone with some other headphones or just on its own. For that moment, you’ll need to disconnect the JBL headphone specifically first.
When you disconnect the headphones, it will not automatically unpair the headphones from your device. This condition allows you to still be paired to the iPhone so that you can reconnect at any given time. Simply turning off Bluetooth on your iPhone will also disconnect the headphones.
If you want to keep your Bluetooth on for other needs, you can disconnect the JBL headphones from Settings as instructed below:
- On your iPhone screen, go to Settings.
- Next, select Bluetooth.
- Find the name of your Bose headphones in the My Devices section.
- Click on Disconnect beside the headphone name.
- The headphone will still be paired to the iPhone for the next time you want to reconnect. You will only see a sign saying Not connected after disconnecting the headphone successfully.
This will only temporarily disconnect the headphones. So, if you want to permanently remove the JBL headphones from the iPhone, you need to unpair them manually. Follow these steps in addition to those above to completely remove the headphones from your iPhone.
- First, find the name of your headphones in My Devices.
- Then tap on the “(i)” icon next to your device’s name.
- After that, select Forget This Device.
Why Won’t My JBL Headphones Connect to My iPhone?
Even if you follow these steps mentioned in the guide, you might face problems at times with connecting JBL headphones to Bluetooth. Users have reported several incidents when the JBL headphones refuse to connect to the iPhone or iPad.
There could be several reasons for your JBL headphones not connecting to your iPhone. In this section, we have covered all of the reasons why JBL headphones won’t connect to the iPhone along with necessary measures.
- There might be some connectivity issues between the two devices. In this case, turn off the Bluetooth and restart the iPhone. Turn on and off the Bluetooth of the headphones as well.
- Lack of charge could be the reason for not connecting to the iPhone. Ensure the headphones are fully charged or connected to a power source. If the batteries need replacements, check it out too.
- If power saving mode is enabled on your iPhone, it can automatically turn off Bluetooth. From Settings>Battery>Power Saving Mode, slide the indicator all the way to the left to disable this mode.
- If you access the JBL headphones through an app, the Bluetooth accessory for that app might not be turned on. So, follow through Settings > Privacy & Security > Bluetooth and turn it on for the app.
- Unpair the headphones from your iPhone and then repair it again. You can follow the steps above to disconnect the headphones temporarily. Then pair the headphones to the iPhone and connect it once again.
- If you are connected to other devices via Bluetooth, disconnect them from your iPhone. Then try connecting the headphones to the iPhone.
- Ensure the distance between the iPhone and the headphones is not too much.
As the owner of a pair of excellent JBL headphones, the contents of this guide are an absolute necessity for you. Whenever you want to enjoy high-quality music while working, JBL headphones will be right there to provide you with ultimate service. By following this guide, you can learn how to pair JBL headphones to iPhone.
In case of connectivity issues that might arise, follow the solutions mentioned in this guide. If none of them work and you’re still struggling with the Bluetooth connection, you can file a complaint to the Apple store. The Apple support team will check the issue for you and resolve it in no time. So you can return to enjoying your music without any trouble again with your trusted JBL headphones.
Read more about pairing Bluetooth headphones:
- How to Connect Bose Headphones to Mac
- How to Connect Sony Headphones to iPhone, Mac & Other Devices
- How to Connect Beats Studio Buds to MacBook or Windows Laptop
- How to Connect Beats to iPhone – Detailed Guide