Roku TV has become one of the most popular streaming services in the past years. Suppose you want to watch a show or a movie on Roku TV, but you have no Wifi network available currently. For that, you will need to connect your iPhone to Roku TV without Wifi.
In this guide, we’ll show you the steps on how to mirror iPhone to Roku TV without WiFi. If you have a wired connection between the two devices, such as an HDMI adaptor, the process is quite straightforward.
What is Roku?
Roku is a popular online streaming service that allows you to watch lots of movies, TV shows, live news, sports, etc. There are many paid and free channels on Roku TV. You can get access to it as a hardware box and a mobile app. It can be a cheaper and more convenient option in place of a lot of other streaming services.
It is possible to connect to Roku TV both with or without Wifi. You can use Airplay to connect your iPhone to Roku over Wifi. Apart from that, using an HDMI cable is another way to connect your iPhone to Roku TV when you are not connected to a Wi-fi network.
How to mirror iPhone to Roku TV without WiFi – a step-by-step guide
Screen mirroring to your iPhone is a way of streaming any kind of content from your iPhone to the Roku TV. Using screen mirroring, it sends the content to Roku TV instead of the Apple TV.
Connecting iPhone to Roku TV is so much simpler over WiFi. It only requires an app named Airplay. However, when you are somewhere, you don’t have WiFi available instantly, knowing screen mirroring iPhone to Roku TV without Wifi is necessary.
You will need to use a lightning to HDMI adapter for a Roku TV mirroring iPhone without any Wifi, and the steps to do so are discussed below.
Step 1: Use lightning to HDMI adapter to connect your iPhone to Roku TV
The best way to connect iPhone to Roku TV without Wifi will be using an HDMI adapter with your iPhone. You can use the HDMI adapter port on the TV for Roku TV mirroring iPhone directly. The brand that works the most well with the iPhone is the Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter. But you can use any other compatible adapter for this too.
Here’s how to connect the HDMI adapter to the iPhone and Roku TV:
- You’ll need an Apple Lightning to HDMI adapter, with the lightning end connected to your iPhone’s charging port.
- Next, hook the HDMI end of the adapter to the HDMI port on your Roku TV.
- Make sure to notice the number of the HDMI port you insert the cable into.
- Switch to that HDMI port on your TV. You will now move on to the next step of the Roku TV mirroring iPhone.
Step 2: Launch the Roku TV home screen
After connecting the HDMI cable to the port and iPhone, the connection between the two has been successfully established. The next step is to open the Roku TV home screen on your tv.
Follow these steps to launch the Roku TV home screen on your TV:
- To go to the Roku TV home screen, press the Home button on your remote.
- If your TV is of a different brand and doesn’t have this option, press the Source or Input button on your remote.
- Select the number of the HDMI port you previously connected the cable into. You can see the Roku TV mirror iPhone on the screen.
Step 3: Mirror your iPhone to Roku TV
If you are done with the first two steps, all that is left to do is Roku tv mirroring your iPhone. Mirroring your iPhone to Roku TV will require you to maintain a few simple steps.
They are stated below:
- If your TV is already compatible with the adapter and iPhone, just select the right HDMI port on the home screen that you had plugged your cable into. And you will see the Roku TV mirror iPhone.
However, if your home screen does not have the option to select the HDMI port on the screen, follow these steps instead for mirroring iPhone to Roku TV.
- On the left panel of the Home screen, select Settings.
- Select TV Inputs from the menu.
- If you don’t find it, there might be a chance that you accidentally got into the Roku Streambar settings instead of TV settings.
- After that, hit the Home button on your remote.
- Choose Settings from there to go into the TV settings.
- Choose TV Inputs.
- Under Inputs Not Used, select the HDMI input.
- Choose Set Up Input.
- On top of your home screen, there will be a new tile for your selected HDMI after this.
- Click on the HDMI port and enjoy the Roku mirror iPhone.
Can you use Roku without the internet?
Yes, you can use Roku without the internet. If you travel regularly and need to stay in hotels, obtaining a compatible HDMI adapter to cast to Roku without WIFI is the best solution. It is portable and may be used anywhere, irrespective of internet availability.
Make sure that the cable of the adapter is long enough for you to lounge with your iPhone and enjoy Roku TV at the same time. However, if you don’t want to invest money in getting a new adapter and cables, then you can consider using the free Roku app that usually is preinstalled on all Roku players. It is not very convenient for everyone.
We hope you can cast to Roku without WiFi with ease now that we have covered every step in our article on How to Mirror iPhone to Roku TV without WiFi. Roku is a great streaming service platform for all movie or show lovers.
So, if you want to get a Roku TV but are unclear of how to connect your iPhone to a Roku TV without wifi, following this instruction can solve your problems. With Roku TV mirroring iPhone, you can simply access the content from any location.
You can check out our other blog –
- How to Connect YouTube to TV from iPhone
- How to Connect YouTube to TV from iPhone
- How to Pair iPhone to Vizio TV