Skullcandy is famous for its headphones with their excellent sound quality. They have a wide variety of collections consisting of different colors, features, and styles. You can find normal headphones to listen to music, stream, and conduct meetings, as well as sports and gaming headphones.
Music lovers opt for these headphones all over the world due to its consistency and reliability. Not to mention the cool and sleek designs of the headphones they provide. However, after purchasing a pair of Skullcandy headphones, users might face difficulty while connecting them to their own devices.
That is exactly where we come in with this detailed guide. You can learn all about how to connect Skullcandy Bluetooth headphones to iPhone with step-by-step instructions here. If you’re facing any additional trouble, we will teach you how to solve these other problems in this guide, too.
How to connect Skullcandy Bluetooth headphones to iPhone | A detail guide
No matter which device you’re using the Skullcandy headphones with, you’ll have the privilege to enjoy high-quality music. Additionally, you can take calls, stream, and have access to touch controls with any of your devices.
If you own an iPhone or iPad, the process of connecting the Skullcandy headphones is going to be the same. First, you need to put the headphones in pairing mode. Once your iPhone or iPad can discover the headphones, you can proceed with establishing the connection between them.
Beforepairing Skullcandy headphones with your iPhone, you should check a few simple things. It is not mandatory to check all of these things every time you connect your headphones. But keeping these in mind can help you figure out what is wrong if anything is interrupting while connecting the headphones to your iPhone.
Some basic things you should check are-
- The headphones should be charged an appropriate amount. Otherwise, the connection won’t be possible.
- Make sure you have purchased Bluetooth headphones in order to get a wireless connection.
- The headphones and iPhone should be within close range of each other during the connection process.
- Press and hold the power button of the headphones every time to turn it on before pairing.
Before you can proceed with connecting your Skullcandy headphones or earbuds to your iPhone, you must first pair them with your iPhone. Your iPhone won’t identify the headphones without the Skullcandy headphones pairing completion.
In order to pair Skullcandy headphones, you will need to locate a specific button on the side of the headphones. There are a few sets of buttons along the edge of Skullcandy headphones. These make navigation easier while wearing the headphones all the time. The power button of the Skullcandy headphones is also included in these buttons.
In most Skullcandy headphones, the power button serves as the Bluetooth activation button. It functions as both an On/Off activity and Bluetooth activation at the same time. However, there are also a few Skullcandy headphones that have different buttons to use for Bluetooth activation purposes.
Let’s check out how to put your new Skullcandy headphones into pairing mode to connect to any device!
- Locate the power button on the side of the Skullcandy headphones.
- Press and hold down the power button for a time period of about 4-5 seconds.
- The LED will start to flash on the headphones, indicating that they’re now in pairing mode.
Once you’re donepairing the Skullcandy headphones, it’s time to move on to the connecting process. There are different processes of the connection depending on what kind of device you own. Since we’re here looking for a method of how to connect the headphones to an iPhone, we’ll focus on that process.
The connection process is pretty similar to any kind of other headphone pairing. So, if you’re previously acquainted with Bluetooth headphone connections, this will be very easy for you.
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to connect Skullcandy headphones to an iPhone:
- First, make sure you put the headphones in pairing mode.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- On the 3rd row of options, click on Bluetooth.
- You can also access Bluetooth by swiping down the iPhone screen and long pressing on the Bluetooth icon from there.
- Turn the toggle switch beside Bluetooth on.
- Under the list of available devices, find the name of your Skullcandy headphones.
- Select the headphones from the list, and your Skullcandy headphones will connect to the iPhone. You can now enjoy uninterrupted music with the headphones.
- How to Connect Bose headphones to iPhone
- How to Connect Beats to iPhone
- How to Connect Samsung Earbuds to iPhone
There could be a handful of reasons why your Skullcandy headphones are having trouble pairing with your iPhone. Don’t worry; it’s not something to be panicked about. Once you are aware of the possible reasons, you can get rid of the problem in a moment.
So, here are the main reasons for which the Skullcandy headphones are not pairing with the iPhone:
- Bluetooth on the iPhone is not turned on.
- The iPhone’s discoverable mode is turned off, so the headphones can’t detect it.
- The two devices are out of range from one another.
- Headphones might accidentally get connected to another paired device in the same range.
- Either of the two devices can run out of charge. The headphones can run out of charge without a clear indication, which could lead to a lot of confusion when you try to pair them.
- Wi-Fi or other electronic devices are causing interference during the Bluetooth connection.
Now that we have known about the probable causes behind the connection problems of Skullcandy headphones, let’s figure out how to get rid of them. We have gathered a few incredible tips for you to troubleshoot any Skullcandy headphone problem.
Let’s take a look at the top troubleshooting tips we have regarding your Skullcandy headphones:
Make sure Bluetooth is ON each time
Every time you connect the headphones to the iPhone, the Bluetooth needs to be on, not just while pairing. So, the first thing you should check when you face an issue is to ensure that the iPhone Bluetooth is turned on. Similarly, the headphones should also be powered on and ready to pair.
Turn On Discoverable Mode on the iPhone
Sometimes, the iPhone gets out of the discoverable mode. Thus, the headphones can’t detect the iPhone. Therefore, make sure that the iPhone is discoverable by other Bluetooth devices.
Place the iPhone and headphones in close range
Every device has different Bluetooth ranges. Usually, Skullcandy headphones have a Bluetooth range of about 5 feet. But the closer you keep the headphones to the iPhone, the easier it is to establish the connection.
So, make sure you place both of the devices within at least 2 feet of each other.
Make Sure To Charge The Devices
The headphones turn off automatically when they’re out of charge. So, remember to adequately charge your Skullcandy headphones before a long listening session.
Perform A Soft Reset
Sometimes, a soft reset can help get rid of a lot of issues. Turn the headphones off and then put the iPhone in airplane mode. After waiting for a while, get out of Airplane mode on your iPhone. Now, turn on Bluetooth and the headphones again, and try connecting. The problem should be resolved by now.
Rediscover the Headphones on your iPhone
If the headphones still don’t connect, remove them from the list of known devices on your iPhone. Then, reintroduce them once again from the start.
In order to do this, tap on the name of the headphones from the Bluetooth My Devices section. On the right side of the name, click on Forget This Device. Thus, your iPhone won’t recognize the headphones as a device that’s been paired with before.
Now, follow the instructions provided in this guide from the beginning once again to pair and connect the headphones to the iPhone.
Get away from the Wi-Fi router
If your Wi-Fi router is very close, then the signals from it might cause disruption to your Bluetooth connectivity. So, while connecting your headphones to the iPhone, make sure you are not too close to the router. Additionally, any device with USB 3.0 can also disrupt the signals. So, avoiding being near such devices is also a good idea.
Here comes the end of the guide about Skullcandy headphones and their connection process to an iPhone. Following this guide from the start should cover everything you need to know about how to connect Skullcandy headphones to iPhone.
Once you’re all set, have the best time listening to your favorite music for hours via these amazing Skullcandy headphones! We have also included lots of troubleshooting tips at the end of this guide. If the problems persist despite trying all of them, you can contact Skullcandy customer support.