This is the era of smart home technology, and security cameras are one of these. Blink cameras have been marked as a reliable option to the users regarding trust. But the key to the whole thing relies on the WiFi network you are using. So, the thing is now, how to connect Blink Camera to WiFi, right?
Only an interrupted WiFi network can ensure its seamless operation to monitor your property. This gives you remote access to monitor your property with real-time alerts. Here, we are going to discuss the pre-installation process of connecting your Blink camera to WiFi, along with some troubleshooting issues.
Let us embark on this journey of connecting your Blink security cameras in an easy process.
You should make sure of certain thighs that are prepared because you are going to need them while installing your Blink camera. The things you should get ready first are:
The sync module is kind of a hub. This ensures smooth data exchange between the Blink camera, servers, and app using the WiFi network. The Sync Module has a 100ft radius working range. This should be placed near the router. Also, it should avoid any heavy obstruction between the camera and the module.
You should place the Blink Camera inside the range of the router where it has a healthy network coverage. If somehow it gets out of the network, then using a network repeater is suggested, or you can replace your WiFi router as well.
Avoiding condensed materials like heavy furniture or other electric equipment between the router and the camera is necessary for a seamless connection.
More things we should do prior to connecting your blink camera to WiFi:
- WiFi Specifications: Make sure that-
- your WiFi functions over the 2.4 GHz bandwidth
- has WPA / WPA2 with TKIP SSID/ WEP network security
- has 2 Mbit/sec upload speed (minimum)
- Download and install the Blink App on your mobile phone or Tablet. Then, create an account.
- Make sure that your WiFi network strength is good to go. To do so:
- Follow this path: Blink App > Device Settings > General Settings > Camera to WiFi
- All the devices related to the WiFi network need to be power cycled to eliminate any network issues.
Now, you are ready to connect the Blink camera to the WiFi.
How to Connect Blink Camera to WiFi – Steps
Follow these steps for your Blink camera setup to your WiFi.
- Connect the USB cable to the Sync Module and power it up
- Wait until you see solid green and blinking blue indicator lights. This indicates that the sync module is ready for a pairing.
- Now go to the Blink app and tap on the “+” icon at the top right corner
- A list of devices will be shown. Select your Sync Module from there
- There is a QR at the back of the Sync Module; scan this QR code from the app or enter the serial number manually
- Choose or create a blink system for your device now
- Tap on the “Discover Device” button while your module is in the pairing mode
- A pop-up will appear showing “Blink wants to join the WiFi network.” Tap on the “Join” button to proceed forward
- All available WiFi networks will be shown on the screen.
- Choose your WiFi network from the list
- Put the correct WiFi password there
- A little bit of time will be taken to add and update the module’s firmware
- After that, the indicator lights will be turned to solid blue and green. This shows that the module is connected to the network properly
- Now tap on the “Done” to finish the process
That is it. Your Sync Module is connected to the Blink system and set to work as a hub between your Blink camera, servers, and router.
- Power up your blink camera and press and hold the Sync button until the red indicator light turns blue.
- Now go to the Blink app and tap on the “+” button
- Select your Blink camera and the Blink system from the list there
- You will find a QR code at the back of the camera. Now scan the QR code or manually enter the serial number in the app
- Your app will ask for your permission to join the WiFi network. Tap on the “Join” button
- Now, put the correct WiFi password there and wait for the system to update the firmware and finish the setup
- At last, tap on the “Done” to end the process
That is it. Now, your Blink camera is connected to the Blink system. The Sync Module is already connected to the system.
Now, it is time to check whether the device is working properly or not.
- Open the Blink Home Monitor app
- Navigate to the Live View section from there
- Here, you can see the live view from your camera
- Modifications can be done now from the settings of the app as per your requirements.
You are all set to surveillance your valuable property with the Blink camera system. All of the devices are connected over the WiFi to ensure your safety.
This Blink security system can be modified at any time via the app. Adding more devices also follows the same steps described above. One sync module can manage up to 10 Blink devices at once.
Troubleshooting tips for Blink Camera not connecting to WiFi
If you’re experiencing issues with your Blink Camera not connecting to WiFi, there are several troubleshooting techniques to attempt before seeking technical assistance. These suggestions aim to assist you in identifying and fixing the issue, enabling you to restore your camera’s WiFi connection and ensure its proper operation.
Here are a few troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the issue of your Blink Camera not connecting to WiFi:
The possible solutions are:
- Check if the password is correct
- Measure the WiFi signal strength from the app
- Can use a repeater if the camera is out of the WiFi coverage
- Restart the router
The possible solutions are:
- Check if the inserted batteries are okay or not
- Replace or recharge them if required
- Check for any external damages
- Check if the camera is receiving proper WiFi signals
- Try to restart the camera or reset it
You may change the motion-detecting sensitivity of your Blink camera using the Blink app. This lets you customize the sensitivity to suit your preferences and surroundings.
Blink cameras allow the use of certain rechargeable batteries. So, to find out what rechargeable batteries work best with your particular Blink camera model, you must consult the user manual.
No, you can not. Blink cameras are designed to work over the 2.4 GHz WiFi networks. It is not compatible with the 5GHz network. Though the 2.4 GHz networks are narrower and catch more interference, the 5 GHz network needs a direct network path to ensure seamless operation, which seems to be tough in the practical field.
At this point in this guide, we have discussed all the necessary steps to connect the Blink camera to WiFi. We have navigated from the pre-installation guides and the setup process to the troubleshooting and have reached here. By this, you will be able to monitor your valuable properties 24/7 smoothly with real-time alerts. The user experience is also made easy with the seamlessly designed app to control the whole blink camera system.
- How to Connect Wyze Camera to WiFi
- Wyze Camera Won’t Connect to WiFi: Reasons & Fixes!
- How to Connect Arlo Camera to WiFi